County funded services and supports are available for eligible individuals. Eligibility criteria is:
1. Diagnosed condition:
2. Mental health service needs
- Mental Illness
- Chronic Mental Illness
- Mental Retardation
- Developmental Disabilities or Brain Injury (as defined by Iowa Administrative Code)
3. Substance abuse (only as a secondary diagnosis)
4. Legal settlement, residency or temporarily located in Black Hawk County
5. Meet financial criteria
6. Receive a service approved within the County Plan for managed care
7. Receive services from a participating provider
8. Apply for subsidized funding within 30 days of service implementation
9. Cooperate with all conditions of the County Plan
Applicants for county funding may be asked to pay for a portion of the service costs. The amount is determined according to income and family size on a sliding fee scale.
All questions should be directed to the Black Hawk County Central Point of Coordination (319) 291-2624.