Duties and Services
The Recorder’s Office issues numerous types of licenses, registrations and titles. They also handle vital records (birth, death, and marriage records), and issues marriage licenses and passport applications. Recording fees collected for the county provide a form of property tax relief.
LAND AND RECORDS MANAGEMENT
- Assignments, Releases
- Federal and State Tax Liens
- Plats and Surveys
- Section Corner Certificates
- Military Service Records
- Trade Names
- 28E and Drainage Agreements
- Bills of Sale
- Articles of Incorporation
- Financing Statements
………and numerous other documents
- Boat Registrations-Titles-Liens
- Snowmobile Registrations-Titles-Liens
- ATV Registrations
- Hunting and Fishing Licenses
- Fur Harvester Licenses
- Habitat, Duck and Trout Stamps
- Deer and Wild Turkey Applications
- Landowner/Tenant Gun and Archery Permits
As agents, Recorders/Registrars assist in completing and mailing applications for passports.
Collects real estate transfer tax on conveyances of property (a portion is retained in your county’s general fund).
Performs federal and state tax lien searches and research of current records for the public.
Certifies Recorder’s records.
Makes records available for genealogy research.
Files detailed reports monthly and annually to the county and to state agencies
- Issues marriage Licenses
- Registers Birth, Death and Marriage Certificates
- Certifies Vital Records