Bob Lincoln, Administrator
1407 Independence Avenue
Waterloo, Iowa 50703
Phone: (319) 291-2624
Fax: (319) 291-2628
Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday
The Black Hawk County Conservator provides the following services: Guardianship, Conservatorship, and Representative Payee for adult individuals in need of these services and who are not able to have their needs met by any other means.
Potential clients must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The individual being referred must have a disability which affects his or her ability to make decisions in his or her own best interests.
- A completed referral form must be returned to the office in order to initiate a referral. The referral must be made by someone who represents an agency or organization and who is in a position to provided a basis for the requested action. More details on the referral process may be obtained by contacting our office.
- Individual must have LEGAL SETTLEMENT in Black Hawk County (this is not the same as residence).
- The individual in need of assistance must be considered indigent under guidelines established in the Iowa Code (income that is 150% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines or have a basis to establish that hardship exists) and may not have resources over $2,000.00.
- The individual in need of assistance must be unable to access requested services through other agencies or organizations in a manner that is consistent with the best interests of that individual.