PASSPORT CENTER HOURS 8:00 AM - 3:30 PM
WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT A PASSPORT AGENT WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ALL TIMES. YOU MAY CONTACT OUR OFFICE FOR MORE INFORMATION AT 319-833-3012.
1. A certified copy of your birth certificate. Available from the county/state in which you were born. Must be a certified copy with a raised seal. We issue certified copies for births in Black Hawk County.
2. Two 2” x2” passport photos. Photos must be in color-front view of applicant. Vending machine photos will not be accepted. We take photos in our office for a $10.00 fee.
3. Current photo ID. A driver license or other government issued ID or previous Passport.
4. Passport Book for First Time Applicants and minors-Payment in 2 checks
$25.00 to Black Hawk County Recorder ($35.00 if pictures taken here)
5. Information regarding parents
$110.00 to U.S. Department of State ($80.00 for applicants under the age of 16)
$30.00 to U.S. Department of State ($15.00 for applicants under age of 16)
Mothers and father’s birth names
Places of birth
Dates of Birth
6. Emergency contact information:
Individual to be contacted in case of emergency
For applicants age 15 and under:
Both parents must accompany the child during application and have Photo ID
For Applicants aged 16 or 17:
Recommended that a parent accompany and have a Photo ID in order to sign permission on the application.
Go to http://travel.state.gov for information
US Passport Application or other state official forms
Status of passport applications
Travel inoculation and Medications