Hunting and Trapping Licenses

Hunting, habitat fee, fur harvester and lifetime hunting for citizens 65 and over; and various
special season licenses are sold at the Recorder's office. This office can also issue
non-resident licenses. If you were born after Jan. 1, 1972 you must satisfactorily complete
a hunter education course in order to obtain a hunting license. Call the office for details.
Combination Licenses
Resident Hunting/Habitat
NR Hunting/Habitat 18+
NR Hunting/Habitat <18
Hunter's Special 3 Yr Hunt/Hab
Outdoor Combo Hunt/Fish/Hab
Res Fur Harvester/Habitat 16+
NR Fur Harvester/Habitat
Resident Ginseng Harvest
Resident Ginseng Grower
Resident Retail Bait Dealer
Resident Taxidermy
Hunter Education Certificate
Nonresident Ginseng Harvest
NR Fur Dealer 1 Day/Location
Resident Hunting/Trapping
Resident Hunting
Resident Habitat Fee
Resident Migratory Bird Fee
Resident Fur Harvester
Resident Fur Harvester Under 16
Resident Lifetime Hunting
Resident Hunting Preserve
Nonresident Hunting/Trapping
NR Hunting 18 and Older
Nonresident Hunting Under 18
Nonresident Habitat Fee
NR Migratory Bird Fee
Nonresident Fur Harvester
Nonresident Hunting Preserve
Nonresident Hunting Preserve Under 16 - Ed Exempt
Nonresident Falconry

**In addition, a Non-Resident Hunting License and Habitat Fee are required.

We have forms for the Annual Free Fishing or combine Hunting and Fishing License for low income 65 or older or low income permanently disabled. The completed forms are processed by the DNR in Des Moines. You can contact them at (515) 281-8688. For additional information you can also visit the DNR website at